Thursday, July 29, 2010

Sometimes I wish it were between 3 ferns


Since I can write whatever I want on this blog, I can do this fun little media review since it’s neither TV nor movies but this exciting new thing called the internet.  I love Chad Farthouse and his unique blend of beards and Greenness which results in comedy and the brutal awkwardness of this bit is great, very much the evolutionary step from The Chris Farley Show.  But part of the appeal was that it was supposed to be real and although there is only so far you can go with that having Carell blow it up like this and reverse the rolls I think does a disservice to the bit.  Also Carell is not very good at playing this character, he comes off very spiteful in it, where Zach can be very playful and innocent asking the exact same questions.  Either way it’s way better than anything on CBS and probably 20% gayer, which seems very important in TV these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment